Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quick trip to Cali and ready for the Holidays!

We had an amazing time heading out to Livermore California last week to watch my best friend, Amber, get married! It was an awesome weekend and Adam and Amber make a beautiful couple! They were sealed in the Oakland Temple. Eternal marriage is such a blessing and being in the temple with close friends reminded Alex and I of our own special day and how excited we were to be married. We still love being married and tomorrow is our 11 month anniversary! Our year mark is just around the corner! Alex almost didn't make it to California though! I got a call about an hour and a half before his flight left letting me know that he was just leaving Provo. I figured that was enough time to get him there but after a couple mishaps Alex ended up running to his flight! Thank goodness the SLC airport isn't very busy and there was no security line! I drove to the airport in Oakland all by myself to get him, that was my first time driving in California, not too bad! We also almost missed our flight coming back to SLC. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get there and we were just sitting in this little cafe enjoying small talk when we heard over the loudspeaker, "last call for Alex and Josalyn Doroshkin!" That got us up nice and quick! We did get seats next to each other but it was on the very back of the plane! Oh well! It was a very exciting and memorable trip!


Now, we can hardly wait for the holidays! We will enjoy a quick trip down to Brigham City for Thanksgiving with the Mecham side. We both have to work Friday so we'll be back in Provo and then on Saturday we will enjoy the day celebrating the birth of Alex! He will be 24 years old! I love him so much and I can't wait till I see his face with all the surprises I have up my sleeve :) Have a great week! Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time to be thankful for what you have! I know that Alex and I live the life of a poor college married couple but we feel very richly blessed to be getting an education and to have jobs to support us through! Our prayers go out to all our friends and family, particularly my cousins Andrew and Kyler. Andrew broke his back 2 weeks ago and has a long road of recovery ahead! We pray that he will gain the use of his legs again! And Kyler is a die hard sports man and has trouble with black outs. We love you! I'll post pictures of Thanksgiving and birthday next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment