Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cold Stone Fiasco!

So the other night Alex decided that he was in the mood for something sweet and cold. We headed over to Cold Stone, a favorite of his and stared at the menu for quite some time. I'm sure everyone can relate to the battle going on inside of our heads: "the Peanut Butter Perfection looks delicious but I don't want to even think of the calories!" and "Oh! New healthy smoothies! I'm sure they taste great, and only 150 calories!". Well in this particular situation the Peanut Butter Perfection won out for me and Alex chose the healthy smoothie. It only took a second after sitting down that the reason why the smoothie was only 150 calories was because it consisted of dull tasting fruit, artificial sweeteners and poorly ground up ice. After spending 4$ on such a treat Alex was upset it wasn't all the picture portrayed it to be. There was a long line in the store and so going back and complaining didn't seem like the best option. So instead we got in the car and with an upset husband we made our way home. Still full to the brim, I took Alex's smoothie when we got home and decided to doctor it up a little. I don't think Alex quite believed me when I said I would make it taste better, but the wife comes through again! Alex loved his smoothie after that and the night ended pleasant indeed! So the moral of this story? 1. Don't get the smoothies at Cold Stone and 2. Trust that your wife always has some sweet trick up her sleeve to make life better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment