Monday, August 8, 2011

White Water Rafting and Spiritual Uplifting


This last weekend Alex and I were able to travel down to Boise to spend the weekend with my family. Derek and Jennie had their open house but we were able to squeeze in a little fun!

Friday we went down the Payette River! This is my most favorite activity but Alex had never been before! It was a great run! The water was freezing but the sun was very hot that day (thank goodness :) Alex and I even took a "lovers leap" off of a popular rock jumping spot. Although a little nervous at first Alex had a great time and I hope we have many more trips down the river!

On Sunday we were able to attend church and listen to the testimonies of the congregation. A man got up and said something that has stayed with me since. He bore his testimony of family. He had attended a family reunion and had a great spiritual experience. He pondered why it was that whenever he was with family he would always be spiritually uplifted. He bore testimony of the importance of family in our Heavenly Father's plan and how it is with our families that we can return again to be with our Savior. I love being with family and spending time with them, but as much as I love spending time with Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters, it is time with Alex I enjoy the most! He is the most loving husband and he is so self-less and loves so completely! I don't want this to turn into a mushy post but I am so grateful to be married to such a great man and to be sealed in the Lord's temple for time and all eternity. If you want to learn more about eternal families and the blessing of the priesthood on this Earth I invite you to go to LDS.org It is the gospel of Jesus Christ that has made all the difference in my life and brought me the most joy and happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your blog, and yay for families! They really are the best.

    ReplyDelete