Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 MILLION DOLLARS and a Baby (not ours :)

I have decided that I love the time value of money! It is a spectacular thing! I found out that if I were to save $118 dollar a month until I was 65 in some sort of stock that had a 12% interest rate, Alex and I could retire with 2 million dollars! This is great news, except that we do no have an extra $118 dollars a month :) Maybe someday! We do try to put a little extra in a savings account each month. We really should put it into some type of mutual fund, that would have a much higher return than a savings account!

Other GREAT news! Derek and Jennie are going to have a baby! Their baby will be born the first week of April! I am so excited for them! They will be wonderful parents and Alex and I will be very happy to get another niece/nephew! They will find out what the gender of the baby is in about a month. The little tyke was very active at their doctors appointment and was wiggling around like crazy! My bet is a boy, we'll just have to see! My Grandma made an award winning baby dress and she promised it to the first granddaughter who gave her a great-granddaughter! Jennie might have this one in the bag! I can't lie, this makes me a little baby-hungry for one of my own!



I also had my first baking disaster! (okay so it isn't a first) I was craving pumpkin chocolate chip bread so badly on Sunday and so I made some. I guess I didn't add enough flour or something because my bread turned out incredibly heavy and still very wet in the middle. It had cooked all the way through but it was so moist in the middle it didn't look like it was cooked. What a bummer! We did have some of Alex's friends over for dinner and that was very fun! I will post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment